Cam's Kitchen

Cam's Kitchen
My Grandaughter in her first kitchen

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finer Things 2010

The food was beautiful and amazing. We had shared the tuna pizza. Jen is not a sushi fan but was game to try. She had 2 pieces and would have had more but wanted to save her appetite for the Rib Eye. The Rib Eye was cooked perfectly and the sauce was so good we wanted to take the plate and lick it. 
Service was lovely. 
The setting was ultra japanese modern. Almost feeling cold...but not. 
It felt spacious with a lovely winding staircase against a wall of recycled water bottles and sporatic colored light spots.
Seemed like we didn't see anyone twice that attended to us. We had an abundance of attention but not intrusive. 
The table service..was understated chic asian. clear chopsticks...cute. I would have worn them in my hair. 
Coffee service was so pretty I wanted to steal the creamer...I didn't. I swear. 

I imagined foodie dining to be like this...each dish set in front of us by a different staff member each time explaining in detail what each dish was, how it was prepared and what went into it...tuna pizza with a drizzle of bla bla bla and thinly sliced jalepeno peppers orginating from Morimoto's grandmother on a sunny day in Japan while giving birth to her 7th child. ...ok...not that much detail but I'm sure the kitchen was blue. 

The Host Corey was adorable. The General Manager took the time to stop and say hello. 

Of course the restroom's were the most beautiful and amazing experience I have ever had. Heated seats.
down the twisted staircase to the lounge and additional table seating. we were offered a table immediately when we arrive if we chose to to sit downstairs. We wanted to be near the action so to speak. 
More people upstairs to watch...although we've lived in ny way to long...we were watching the plates go by. The hell with the people. 
Although they may be lovely all the same...but lets face it. If they don't order interesting dishes would we want to really care to know them ?

The restrooms...lovely..a bit dark. I do like low light but I have a tough time finding doors when it's pitch black. This was a nice comprimise. 
The individual stalls...spaciious. BUT THE SEATS..along the right is a bank of buttons. 
After 2 martini's i did try them all. 
Not sure what some did...nor do I remember. But to my delight..they have a bidae. No spell checks please...editting will take care of that later. 
But yes...these restrooms are a much see. I believe the second stall and I are engaged.

A wonderful dining experience. As the "2 girls from a Bar" Finer Things. Add this to the top of the list.

2 girls from a Bar...Finer Things. 
2010 will be bringing you reviews from BarAmericain, Bobby Flays over rated but just gotta try restaurant. 
21 Club...a NY staple. 
Craftbar - Tom Collichio's place in Flatiron building. 

It's restaurant week...so many more reviews to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment